Saturday 27 August 2011

Madrid to the Big Apple

24/08/11

Europe to the USA

Travel, delay, travel, delay and arrival in the USA.
I was up before the sun in Madrid to pack – again and head to the airport – hopefully for under 30 euro. I had a decent  driver this time  that only charged me 18 euro but he dropped me off at the wrong gate so I worked up quite a ‘glow’ finding the next one with all my gear!

My first flight was delayed and the second one too with technical difficulties (I later found out it was struck by lightning) which made my arrival later and later. I finally touched down in the big apple around 5.30 and met up with Angela and Emma around 7.30. We headed straight into Times Square to check out the sites and grab some dinner. It was very glitzy and reminded me of Vegas with the lights and razzle and dazzle. After orientating ourselves and working out how to get tickets we headed home. Excited to be in the Big Apple and getting to explore New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment