Friday 1 July 2011

Watch out Wimbledon here comes Aussie Anna!

1/07/11



Watch out Wimbledon here comes Aussie Anna!



Who’d pay $6000 for centre court tickets to the Men’s semi-finals? For 35 pound I got to: see Andy Murray practice as well as get up close and personal with Rafa – well about 5 metres away ( close enough to get in self-portrait with him), watch a 5 set marathon with the Bryan brothers, Hingis, Davenport, Tracey Austin and another old bird, Goran, Richard Kraijeck, and the like all for just 35 pound. I even scored some autographs, didn’t take too long to figure out the best prowling place on the prac courts and on court one – just like Melbourne Park but, can you believe it easier to get autographs – thank you Mr Murray, Miss Hingis, Miss Austin and the like.













Enjoyed some great atmosphere at ‘Henman Hill’ and “Murray Mound” only Rafa stole the show again, will be trying to grab his squiggle tomorrow.



Had a great evening last night too. My Wimbledon buddies and I went for a stroll through the English country side to Gerrard’s Cross – was there meant to be a big cross or is it just a crossing?  I took piccies of both anyway ; ). Had a nice dinner at some Italian place and my friends shouted me – celebrating my first day in England! On our after dinner walk we saw quite the commotion at the bank. Police tape all around, about 8 police vehicles. We summised it was a bank robbery, although with that in mind it beats me why we just stayed there and continued gawking. We were hoping it may make the British headlines – but no one heard about it- maybe we slightly overthought the significance of the whole event.



Looking forward to another spectacular day at Wimbledon,some great choc caramel sundaes and then the eeik bit – attempting to take all my luggage and find my way to King’s Cross Station and all the other streets around there that I so easily remember, especially as colours from the Monopoly Board.



Till next time – straight to King’s Cross Station and do not pass go.  






















No comments:

Post a Comment