Monday 25 July 2011

Hanging out in Holland

24/07/11,



We are family!



Restful sleep in my double bed and sleep in – yeh! Did a few loads of washing and vinegaring the new clothes to colour fast them. Around 3 we walked to Tante (Aunty) Toos and Oom (Uncle) Gere’s place for Jaqueline’s 50th birthday bash. Most of the Alards family were there and it was comforting to be surrounded by people I know and love. Was hard amongst all the Dutch but Tante Ricki and Oom Cor and Albert and Toos filled me in in English every known and then and I had my phone to turn too to. Tried to really be present in the moment and enjoy it as I don’t know when I’ll be back or if these guys will still be around next time.









25/07/11



Worked off all my fine dining over the past few days and had a 4 hour golf lesson!



Had a 1 and half hour work out this morning at the Health and Wellness Club- felt good to hit the bike, row machine and some weights. Afterwards Albert picked me up and we headed to the golf course. First stop the driving range and  Albert gave me a one on one golf lesson – ‘straight arms, relax the arms, not force but shoulder rotation and swing. Finish the shot high and rotate that leg’ – I hope I won’t be hitting fly balls when I play softball again!



The results were good though – hitting the ball and chipping it in the air, no slices and dribbling bouncing balls onto the fairway and green and only one lost golf ball. I even had a few chances at par but didn’t pull them off!


Then we headed back to Tante Toos’ for take 2 at the mega feast from yesterday and left overs.

No comments:

Post a Comment